Tel:(01) 902 2989
Wednesday, 05 March 2008 16:57

Carers Leave

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Employment Leave

The main article discussed Carers leave, but there are other options available; such as Force Majeure, unpaid leave of absence. You can find more information about these at the citizens information website

Carers Leave

Employees, after one-year service, may take unpaid leave (up to two years maximum) to provide full-time care for someone who needs it.

Application must be made to the Dept. of Social & Family Affairs, for a decision that the person does require full-time care before you entitled to take the leave.

The leave may be taken in a block or broken up into shorter periods.

PRSI contribution credits are available and Carers Benefit may be payable during leave period.

More information can be found by clicking here

A booklet is available explaining the carers leave act 2001

Read 4682 times Last modified on Friday, 19 June 2009 10:12

Down Syndrome Dublin
C/O Carmelite Centre
Aungier Street,
Dublin 2
t: 01 902 2989
The Dublin Branch of Down Syndrome Ireland - CHY 6064

Click here to purchase a membership